"For years people have searched for evidence that ghosts walk among us. The series pits two teams against each other in the world's most haunted locations in a competition to find proof of the paranormal." Then a panel of judges made up of paranormal experts evaluate the two teams after they have collected and analyzed their possible findings to determine a winner.
"Two teams. One night. One haunted location. One winner. For the ultimate in bragging rights. Paranormal Challenge."
- Equipment Orientation:
- Investigation Rules:
- Teams will conduct their investigations simultaneously at different ends of the location with time constraints.
- They have 2 hours to complete part one of their investigation.
- They will then switch locations and continue for 2 more hours in part two.
- Each team will be assigned: one camera operator, one sound technician to chronicle their investigations.
- Both areas are equipped with several stationary cameras allowing Zak and the judges to watch the teams every move from a secret nerve center location.
- Investigation Part 1
- Investigation Part 2
- Investigation Debriefing
- Preparing the Evidence
- Evidence Presentation
- Judgement: Teams will be judged on: Overall teamwork, Technological proficiency, Historical knowledge, and Audio & visual evidence.
- Judge Deliberation
- Winner Reveal
Cast and crewEdit
- Zak Bagans - Paranormal Challenge chairman, Paranormal lead investigator and co-founder of Ghost Adventures Crew (GAC), conducted hundreds of investigations.
- Technical Expert
- Billy Tolley - Visual and audio advisor
- Dave Schrader (Regular) - Internet talk show host of Darkness Radio, paranormal conference lecturer, published author of The Other Side: A Teen's Guide To Ghost Hunting.
- Gary Galka (Episode 1.1) - Award-winning paranormal investigator, inventor of the "Mel Meter" and (real time) RT EVP detector.
- Patrick Burns (Episode 1.1 & 1.12) - Founder of Ghosthounds, professional photographer, organizer of annual Ghoststock convention.
- Aaron Sagers (Episode 1.2) - Published author, nationally syndicated journalist, editor of paranormalpopculture.com
- Alexandra Holzer (Episode 1.2 & 1.5) - Daughter of famed paranormal investigator Hans Holzer, author of Growing Up Paranormal, syndicated columnist for OM Times.
- Jeff Belanger (Episode 1.3) - Paranormal journalist, author of a dozen books on "The Unexplained", consulting historian for hundreds of paranormal investigations.
- Beth Brown (Episode 1.3 & 1.6) - Over 20 years experience investigating the paranormal, founder of VASPER (Virginia School of Paranormal Education and Research), conducted hundreds of investigations.
- Mark Constantino (Episode 1.4)- Certified parapsychologist, EVP research conference lecturer and trainer, captured over 10,000 EVP's.
- Debby Constantino (Episode 1.4)- International paranormal acknowledge award winner for "Best EVP Researcher", paranormal conference lecturer, captured thousands of EVP's.
- Joshua P. Warren (Episode 1.5 & 1.9)- Published author of many paranormal books (most notably: How To Hunt Ghosts), talk radio show host of Speaking Strange, internationally recognized paranormal expert.
- Dr. Pamela Rae Heath (Episode 1.6 & 1.9)- Noted parapsychologist, co-founder of the Paranormal Research Society, published author of several books on the unexplained including Handbook to the Afterlife.
- Bill Chappell (Episode 1.7)- Paranormal skeptic, electrical engineer, inventor of the Ovilus, EM pump, and PX device.
- Chris Fleming (Episode 1.7 & 1.12)- Award-winning psychic medium, paranormal television celebrity (appearing on numerous television shows), acclaimed paranormal conference lecturer.
- Dr. Andrew Nichols (Episode 1.8 & 1.11) - Founder and director of the American Institute of Parapsycology, studied hundreds of paranormal cases.
- Ron Fabiani (Episode 1.8)- Chicago Police officer since 1987, founder of Chicago paranormal detectives, star of popular television show Paranormal Cops.
- Dr. Michael Shermer (Episode 1.10) Founding publisher of Skeptic Magazine, Executive Director of The Skeptics Society.
- Ursula Bielski (Episode 1.10) Founder of Chicago Hauntings, published author (Most notably: Chicago haunts).
- Danielle Harris (episode 1.11) Member of The Hollywood Ghost Hunters Society, Hollywood horror actress.
- Patrick Smith - Pennhurst State School historian (Episode 1.3)
- Mike Middleton - Ohio State/Mansfield Reformatory expert/guide (Episode 1.4)
- Mike Flicker - Waverly Hills Sanatorium historian (Episode 1.6)
- Cindy Lydick - Old South Pittsburgh Hospital historian (Episode 1.8)
- Richard Senate - La Purisima expert/guide (Episode 1.9)
- Sid Schultz - Linda Vista Expert/Guide (Episode 1.10)
- Heidi Schave - USS Hornet Educational Director
- Chris Alterr - Jerome Grand Hotel Owner and expert