Template:Refimprove The International Association for Near-Death Studies (IANDS) is an organization for studying and disseminating information on the phenomena of the near death experience (NDE). IANDS was founded in the USA in 1981. Today it has grown into an international organization, which includes a network of more than 50 local interest groups. IANDS also supports and assists near-death experiencers (NDErs) and people close to them. The organization is recognized by the Internal Revenue Service as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
IANDS is responsible for the publishing of the Journal of Near-Death Studies, the only scholarly journal in the field of Near-Death Studies. The Journal is cross-disciplinary, is committed to an unbiased exploration of the NDE and related phenomena, and welcomes different theoretical perspectives and interpretations that are based on scientific criteria, such as empirical observation and research. It is published quarterly by IANDS and is printed by Allen Press.
- Near-death studies
- Bruce Greyson
- Raymond Moody
- Kenneth Ring
- American Society for Psychical Research
- Parapsychological Association
- Society for Psychical Research
- List of parapsychology topics
Further reading Edit
- IANDS. "Near-Death Experiences: Is this what happens when we die?" Durham: International Association for Near-Death Studies. Informational brochure available at www.iands.org